[FSW Project] Re: Fwd: FSW Project Update

  • From: Nathan Cobb <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Yuri Lumelsky <lumatechgroup@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 20:33:34 -0700

Hello again,

My team would like to set up a meeting with you and all other parties that will need to be involved as far as delivering the system and getting it up and running.

Please let me know your availability and we can work around your schedule, since we live in the earlier time zone.

Thanks,
Nate

On 8/8/2014 1:30 PM, Nathan Cobb wrote:

Hello Yuri,

I'm forwarding this message to the rest of my team so that they can answer your specific questions.

Thanks,
Nate

On August 8, 2014 9:48:29 AM Yuri Lumelsky <lumatechgroup@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Nate,

I am an IT consultant working with FSW, and I will be helping Boris set up this system once it is ready for deployment. In order to prepare for that, could you provide some information on the infrastructure requirements for the system, i.e. OS platform, number and sizing of the servers, virtualization platforms supported, database and app server requirements, etc.

Just to give you some background, we are a Microsoft shop and are running a number of Windows servers and a few .NET applications on MS SQL Server back-end. We have very limited Unix expertise and would need a detailed guidance to deploy anything Unix/Linux based. We are also just starting to implement virtualization at FSW. We have a couple of physical servers installed, but have not fully deployed a virtualization platform yet.

Feel free to contact me by e-mail or phone (914.572.3324) if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Yuri

*From:* Nathan Cobb <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
*Date:* July 28, 2014 at 8:08:53 PM EDT
*To:* Susan Sober <spsblau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:spsblau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>, Boris <bboris@xxxxxxx <mailto:bboris@xxxxxxx>>
*Cc:* fswproject@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:fswproject@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Subject:* *FSW Project Update*

Hello,

Since our last update we've encountered what should be the last handful of problems with the system before we're able to make it available for you to download. You may have noticed that I said /system/ rather than /systems/, which is because in our last meeting we decided to merge the systems into one for simplicity and convenience. After diving into merging the two systems, we realized that there were problems that we did not foresee previously, but I'll spare you the description of those problems and instead let you know that we're working hard to correct them as soon as possible.

I'll keep you updated on our progress with that throughout the week, as things change. I apologize for all of these minor problems that have been delaying our delivery, but you can be sure that we'll be delivering the system to you in a state which we think you'll be satisfied with and you'll find to be worth the wait!

On a side note, could you have Boris get back to us on those questions that I sent out in my last email? We'd really appreciate if we could get those answered as soon as possible so that we can avoid any further delays on top of the minor problems we're encountering with the merge.

Until next time, take care!

Thanks,
Nate

--