[FSW Project] Fwd: FSW Project Update

  • From: Nathan Cobb <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fswproject@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 13:28:13 -0700

--- Forwarded message ---
From: Yuri Lumelsky <lumatechgroup@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: August 8, 2014 9:48:29 AM
Subject: Fwd: FSW Project Update
To: Nathan Cobb <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: Susan Sober <spsblau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, fswproject@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Boris Bel <bboris@xxxxxxx>

Hi Nate,

I am an IT consultant working with FSW, and I will be helping Boris set up
this system once it is ready for deployment.  In order to prepare for that,
could you provide some information on the infrastructure requirements for
the system, i.e. OS platform, number and sizing of the servers,
virtualization platforms supported, database and app server requirements,
etc.

Just to give you some background, we are a Microsoft shop and are running a
number of Windows servers and a few .NET applications on MS SQL Server
back-end.  We have very limited Unix expertise and would need a detailed
guidance to deploy anything Unix/Linux based.  We are also just starting to
implement virtualization at FSW.  We have a couple of physical servers
installed, but have not fully deployed a virtualization platform yet.

Feel free to contact me by e-mail or phone (914.572.3324) if you have any
questions.

Thanks!
Yuri

*From:* Nathan Cobb <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Date:* July 28, 2014 at 8:08:53 PM EDT
*To:* Susan Sober <spsblau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Boris <bboris@xxxxxxx>
*Cc:* fswproject@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Subject:* *FSW Project Update*

Hello,

Since our last update we've encountered what should be the last handful of
problems with the system before we're able to make it available for you to
download. You may have noticed that I said *system* rather than *systems*,
which is because in our last meeting we decided to merge the systems into
one for simplicity and convenience. After diving into merging the two
systems, we realized that there were problems that we did not foresee
previously, but I'll spare you the description of those problems and
instead let you know that we're working hard to correct them as soon as
possible.

I'll keep you updated on our progress with that throughout the week, as
things change. I apologize for all of these minor problems that have been
delaying our delivery, but you can be sure that we'll be delivering the
system to you in a state which we think you'll be satisfied with and you'll
find to be worth the wait!

On a side note, could you have Boris get back to us on those questions that
I sent out in my last email? We'd really appreciate if we could get those
answered as soon as possible so that we can avoid any further delays on top
of the minor problems we're encountering with the merge.

Until next time, take care!

Thanks,
Nate

--