[FSW Project] Follow-up To Yesterday's Meeting

  • From: Nathan Cobb <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fswproject@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 15:10:06 -0700

Hello everyone,

I've invited you all to the Dropbox folder, which we use to store FSW Team-related documents. Rob still needs to add you all to the github repository as well as the KanbanFlow board. In case you missed it, the github repository is what we'll be using to manage the source code for the project, and KanbanFlow is a tool we will be using to keep track of current tasks that the group is working on. Rob, please use the following emails for inviting them to Kanban:

ashwin212@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ksaad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
scott.stetzko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
vihang10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On top of that, could you (@Rob) make the document as well which explains the basics of getting the webservice and webapp up and running so that they can view the website in its current state? Of course, we could alternatively just view the website hosted on emerald1 if we can get that up and running (please let me know if that'll be possible) for them to view the website instead, but we'll still need the document for future reference if and when the server ends up going down again.

I didn't give myself enough time to prepare for the meeting yesterday, as you may have noticed. I apologize for that, I'll be more prepared next time. To reiterate, your job right now is to familiarize yourself with Django and Python. Maybe we can setup a meeting in the future to run through some of the code to help you all understand it better and answer any questions you might have.

Jeremy, if you're still with us, we'd really appreciate if you could document your Javascript code for the new members, so they can go over it and hopefully gain an understanding of what's going on.

A big thank you to Jeremy and Rob for all of the time and dedication you've shown towards the project so far, this wouldn't have been possible without you guys.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read through this message, and welcome officially to the FSW Project Team!

Regards,
Nate