[FSW Project] Re: Computer

  • From: Nathan Cobb <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Yuri Lumelsky <lumatechgroup@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 14:28:27 -0800

Yuri,

I think the 4:00 PM meeting time would be better, depending on the days that you're available at that time.

Regards,
Nate

On 11/9/2014 2:17 PM, Yuri Lumelsky wrote:
I usually work with different clients on other days, so it's harder to schedule a meeting. However, if you guys are on the west coast, we can have a meeting around 7 pm EST (4 pm PST) on those days.

On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 4:38 PM, Nathan Cobb <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hello Yuri,

    Would it be at all possible to schedule the meeting for some other
    day during the week, or will you only be available on Fridays?

    Regards,
    Nate

    On 11/8/2014 1:37 PM, Yuri Lumelsky wrote:
    Hi Nate,

    I should have some availability next Friday 11/14, between 1 pm
    and 4 pm EST.  Please let us know if that works for you.

    Thanks!

    On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 4:32 PM, Nathan Cobb
    <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        Hello again,

        About a month ago now we were in contact about setting up a
        meeting, where you proposed a day to schedule it which
        happened to be the day after I had asked you (too short of
        notice for my team to work with, unfortunately). After that,
        I asked you and Boris for your schedules over the following 2
        weeks and unfortunately didn't receive a reply.

        I'd like to try setting up a meeting again, so I'd really
        appreciate if you could provide me with your schedule for the
        upcoming week (11/10-11/14) and next week (11/17-11/21), so I
        can find a day that works for me and a good amount of my team
        members to schedule it for.

        Thank you for your time, I look forward to hearing from you!

        Regards,
        Nate

        On 10/13/2014 12:47 AM, Nathan Cobb wrote:

            Hello,

            I apologize for not getting back to you earlier. We would
            need to schedule the meeting a couple of weeks, at the
            very least one week, since everyone's schedule doesn't
            allow us to schedule a meeting on short notice.
            Therefore, please let me know your (Yuri, Boris, and
            Susan if you'd also like to be there, otherwise I can
            fill you in at a later time) schedules for the next 2
            weeks (if possible) so that I can schedule a meeting
            around your schedules.

            Thank you for your time, take care.

            Regards,
            Nate

            On 10/11/2014 12:56 AM, Mikhail Gofman wrote:

                Dear Yuri,

                Hope you are doing well.

                Any desktop system capable of running a virtual
                machine should be fine.
                I would recommend a desktop quad-core system with
                around 16GB of
                memory -- this will be more than enough to
                accommodate our current
                needs and will give us room for growth in the
                future.  The OS should
                be at least Windows 7 with VirtualBox hypervisor
                installed on it.
                While we prefer to work with a Linux-based system, we
                realize that
                your IT environment is Windows-based and would like
                to play ball with
                this as much as possible.

                During the testing phase of the project, we would
                like keep the system
                in the FSW office where Susan (or somebody else) can
                use the it for a
                while and let us know how it is doing. Once the
                system has gone
                through sufficient field testing at FSW, we will plan
                for deploying it
                on the web.

                Also, during the testing phase, we will need to be
                collecting bug
                reports, deploy bug fixes, install feature additions,
                and perform
                other system maintenance tasks. Since FSW office
                staff may lack the
                technical skills necessary to help us assist them, we
                will likely need
                somebody from IT to serve as the liaison between FSW
                office staff and
                us.

                Will you be able accommodate this?

                Thanks,
                -Mikhail

                On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 7:20 PM, Yuri Lumelsky
                <lumatechgroup@xxxxxxxxx
                <mailto:lumatechgroup@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

                    Nate,

                    If you would like to discuss this project, I am
                    available any time tomorrow
                    (Friday 10/10), just let me know when you'd like
                    to talk.

                     From our side, all we need to know is the
                    specific infrastructure
                    requirements needed to support this installation
                    (servers, database, etc) in
                    order to determine whether we can support this
                    product on our
                    hardware/software.  If you can provide these
                    answers tomorrow, it will help
                    us get this project off the ground.

                    Thanks!

                    On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 9:05 PM, Nathan Cobb
                    <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    <mailto:nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
                    wrote:

                        Susan,

                        I agree, this would definitely speed up the
                        process, but I have not been
                        able to get a hold of them through any of my
                        attempts at emailing them,
                        including this email thread. Since Yuri's
                        reply about 3 months or so ago, I
                        have not heard anything from them, which is
                        why I'd mentioned you being a
                        middleman to facilitate communication between
                        us and them. If it'd be
                        possible to communicate with them directly,
                        I'm all for it. Just let me know
                        how I can go about doing that and I'll be
                        happy to accommodate their
                        communicative needs.

                        Thanks,
                        Nate

                        On 10/9/2014 4:03 PM, Susan Sober wrote:

                        Looking forward To to the next phase of this
                        project. In order to
                        facilitate this transition, I believe that
                        omitting my self as s middle
                        person between yuri & Boris would speed the
                        process up

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        On Oct 9, 2014, at 4:54 AM, Nathan Cobb
                        <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                        <mailto:nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
                        wrote:

                        Susan,

                        Thank you for such a speedy reply! I'll send
                        you a message next week then
                        to inquire for a more rigid time to meet
                        then. I'll probably also be bugging
                        you to contact Yuri and Boris on our behalf
                        since I'm not entirely sure our
                        messages are reaching them.

                        Looking forward to wrapping this project up
                        and moving on to the next
                        phase!

                        Regards,
                        Nate

                        On 10/9/2014 12:29 AM, Susan Sober wrote:

                        Thanks for the update I will be in NY
                        10/14/14 for several weeks no
                        problem setting up a meeting. Looking forward
                        to hearing from you

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        On Jun 17, 2014, at 11:50 PM, Nathan Cobb
                        <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                        <mailto:nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
                        wrote:

                        Susan,

                        Our initial plan to contact Boris before
                        making the VMs available for
                        download was changed since we figured it'd be
                        better to test the VMs first,
                        before we contacted Boris about downloading
                        them. We should be finished
                        testing them by sometime this week. At that
                        time we'll contact you and Boris
                        with instructions about how to download and
                        install the VMs.

                        On another note you bring up a good point.
                        The reason why we were still
                        holding meetings was to show off new features
                        and get you acquainted with
                        them before you started using them. Let me
                        know if you'd like to cancel the
                        meeting this week in case you don't feel it
                        will be beneficial.

                        Of course, if you have any questions at all
                        please feel free to ask!

                        Thanks,
                        Nate

                        ----------
                        On June 17, 2014 8:07:41 PM Susan Sober
                        <spsblau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                        <mailto:spsblau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

                            Spoke to Boris today he denies knowing
                            anything about installing the
                            program? June was supposed to be the
                            target months? At this point I don't
                            see any reason to keep reviewing the
                            program every two to three weeks.
                            Please let me know when the program will
                            be installed and we can move
                            forward. Respectfully  Susan

                            Sent from my iPhone

-- Yuri Lumelsky