[FSW Project] Re: Computer

  • From: Nathan Cobb <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Yuri Lumelsky <lumatechgroup@xxxxxxxxx>, "fswproject@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <fswproject@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Boris <bboris@xxxxxxx>, Susan Sober <spsblau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 13:38:02 -0800

Hello Yuri,

Would it be at all possible to schedule the meeting for some other day during the week, or will you only be available on Fridays?

Regards,
Nate

On 11/8/2014 1:37 PM, Yuri Lumelsky wrote:
Hi Nate,

I should have some availability next Friday 11/14, between 1 pm and 4 pm EST. Please let us know if that works for you.

Thanks!

On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 4:32 PM, Nathan Cobb <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hello again,

    About a month ago now we were in contact about setting up a
    meeting, where you proposed a day to schedule it which happened to
    be the day after I had asked you (too short of notice for my team
    to work with, unfortunately). After that, I asked you and Boris
    for your schedules over the following 2 weeks and unfortunately
    didn't receive a reply.

    I'd like to try setting up a meeting again, so I'd really
    appreciate if you could provide me with your schedule for the
    upcoming week (11/10-11/14) and next week (11/17-11/21), so I can
    find a day that works for me and a good amount of my team members
    to schedule it for.

    Thank you for your time, I look forward to hearing from you!

    Regards,
    Nate

    On 10/13/2014 12:47 AM, Nathan Cobb wrote:

        Hello,

        I apologize for not getting back to you earlier. We would need
        to schedule the meeting a couple of weeks, at the very least
        one week, since everyone's schedule doesn't allow us to
        schedule a meeting on short notice. Therefore, please let me
        know your (Yuri, Boris, and Susan if you'd also like to be
        there, otherwise I can fill you in at a later time) schedules
        for the next 2 weeks (if possible) so that I can schedule a
        meeting around your schedules.

        Thank you for your time, take care.

        Regards,
        Nate

        On 10/11/2014 12:56 AM, Mikhail Gofman wrote:

            Dear Yuri,

            Hope you are doing well.

            Any desktop system capable of running a virtual machine
            should be fine.
            I would recommend a desktop quad-core system with around
            16GB of
            memory -- this will be more than enough to accommodate our
            current
            needs and will give us room for growth in the future.  The
            OS should
            be at least Windows 7 with VirtualBox hypervisor installed
            on it.
            While we prefer to work with a Linux-based system, we
            realize that
            your IT environment is Windows-based and would like to
            play ball with
            this as much as possible.

            During the testing phase of the project, we would like
            keep the system
            in the FSW office where Susan (or somebody else) can use
            the it for a
            while and let us know how it is doing. Once the system has
            gone
            through sufficient field testing at FSW, we will plan for
            deploying it
            on the web.

            Also, during the testing phase, we will need to be
            collecting bug
            reports, deploy bug fixes, install feature additions, and
            perform
            other system maintenance tasks. Since FSW office staff may
            lack the
            technical skills necessary to help us assist them, we will
            likely need
            somebody from IT to serve as the liaison between FSW
            office staff and
            us.

            Will you be able accommodate this?

            Thanks,
            -Mikhail

            On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 7:20 PM, Yuri Lumelsky
            <lumatechgroup@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:lumatechgroup@xxxxxxxxx>>
            wrote:

                Nate,

                If you would like to discuss this project, I am
                available any time tomorrow
                (Friday 10/10), just let me know when you'd like to talk.

                 From our side, all we need to know is the specific
                infrastructure
                requirements needed to support this installation
                (servers, database, etc) in
                order to determine whether we can support this product
                on our
                hardware/software.  If you can provide these answers
                tomorrow, it will help
                us get this project off the ground.

                Thanks!

                On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 9:05 PM, Nathan Cobb
                <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                <mailto:nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
                wrote:

                    Susan,

                    I agree, this would definitely speed up the
                    process, but I have not been
                    able to get a hold of them through any of my
                    attempts at emailing them,
                    including this email thread. Since Yuri's reply
                    about 3 months or so ago, I
                    have not heard anything from them, which is why
                    I'd mentioned you being a
                    middleman to facilitate communication between us
                    and them. If it'd be
                    possible to communicate with them directly, I'm
                    all for it. Just let me know
                    how I can go about doing that and I'll be happy to
                    accommodate their
                    communicative needs.

                    Thanks,
                    Nate

                    On 10/9/2014 4:03 PM, Susan Sober wrote:

                    Looking forward To to the next phase of this
                    project. In order to
                    facilitate this transition, I believe that
                    omitting my self as s middle
                    person between yuri & Boris would speed the process up

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    On Oct 9, 2014, at 4:54 AM, Nathan Cobb
                    <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    <mailto:nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
                    wrote:

                    Susan,

                    Thank you for such a speedy reply! I'll send you a
                    message next week then
                    to inquire for a more rigid time to meet then.
                    I'll probably also be bugging
                    you to contact Yuri and Boris on our behalf since
                    I'm not entirely sure our
                    messages are reaching them.

                    Looking forward to wrapping this project up and
                    moving on to the next
                    phase!

                    Regards,
                    Nate

                    On 10/9/2014 12:29 AM, Susan Sober wrote:

                    Thanks for the update I will be in NY 10/14/14 for
                    several weeks no
                    problem setting up a meeting. Looking forward to
                    hearing from you

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    On Jun 17, 2014, at 11:50 PM, Nathan Cobb
                    <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    <mailto:nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
                    wrote:

                    Susan,

                    Our initial plan to contact Boris before making
                    the VMs available for
                    download was changed since we figured it'd be
                    better to test the VMs first,
                    before we contacted Boris about downloading them.
                    We should be finished
                    testing them by sometime this week. At that time
                    we'll contact you and Boris
                    with instructions about how to download and
                    install the VMs.

                    On another note you bring up a good point. The
                    reason why we were still
                    holding meetings was to show off new features and
                    get you acquainted with
                    them before you started using them. Let me know if
                    you'd like to cancel the
                    meeting this week in case you don't feel it will
                    be beneficial.

                    Of course, if you have any questions at all please
                    feel free to ask!

                    Thanks,
                    Nate

                    ----------
                    On June 17, 2014 8:07:41 PM Susan Sober
                    <spsblau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    <mailto:spsblau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

                        Spoke to Boris today he denies knowing
                        anything about installing the
                        program? June was supposed to be the target
                        months? At this point I don't
                        see any reason to keep reviewing the program
                        every two to three weeks.
                        Please let me know when the program will be
                        installed and we can move
                        forward. Respectfully  Susan

                        Sent from my iPhone

-- Yuri Lumelsky