[FSW Project] Re: Computer

  • From: Nathan Cobb <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Yuri Lumelsky <lumatechgroup@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2014 13:32:09 -0800

Hello again,

About a month ago now we were in contact about setting up a meeting, where you proposed a day to schedule it which happened to be the day after I had asked you (too short of notice for my team to work with, unfortunately). After that, I asked you and Boris for your schedules over the following 2 weeks and unfortunately didn't receive a reply.

I'd like to try setting up a meeting again, so I'd really appreciate if you could provide me with your schedule for the upcoming week (11/10-11/14) and next week (11/17-11/21), so I can find a day that works for me and a good amount of my team members to schedule it for.

Thank you for your time, I look forward to hearing from you!

Regards,
Nate

On 10/13/2014 12:47 AM, Nathan Cobb wrote:
Hello,

I apologize for not getting back to you earlier. We would need to schedule the meeting a couple of weeks, at the very least one week, since everyone's schedule doesn't allow us to schedule a meeting on short notice. Therefore, please let me know your (Yuri, Boris, and Susan if you'd also like to be there, otherwise I can fill you in at a later time) schedules for the next 2 weeks (if possible) so that I can schedule a meeting around your schedules.

Thank you for your time, take care.

Regards,
Nate

On 10/11/2014 12:56 AM, Mikhail Gofman wrote:
Dear Yuri,

Hope you are doing well.

Any desktop system capable of running a virtual machine should be fine.
I would recommend a desktop quad-core system with around 16GB of
memory -- this will be more than enough to accommodate our current
needs and will give us room for growth in the future.  The OS should
be at least Windows 7 with VirtualBox hypervisor installed on it.
While we prefer to work with a Linux-based system, we realize that
your IT environment is Windows-based and would like to play ball with
this as much as possible.

During the testing phase of the project, we would like keep the system
in the FSW office where Susan (or somebody else) can use the it for a
while and let us know how it is doing. Once the system has gone
through sufficient field testing at FSW, we will plan for deploying it
on the web.

Also, during the testing phase, we will need to be collecting bug
reports, deploy bug fixes, install feature additions, and perform
other system maintenance tasks. Since FSW office staff may lack the
technical skills necessary to help us assist them, we will likely need
somebody from IT to serve as the liaison between FSW office staff and
us.

Will you be able accommodate this?

Thanks,
-Mikhail

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 7:20 PM, Yuri Lumelsky <lumatechgroup@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Nate,

If you would like to discuss this project, I am available any time tomorrow
(Friday 10/10), just let me know when you'd like to talk.

 From our side, all we need to know is the specific infrastructure
requirements needed to support this installation (servers, database, etc) in
order to determine whether we can support this product on our
hardware/software. If you can provide these answers tomorrow, it will help
us get this project off the ground.

Thanks!

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 9:05 PM, Nathan Cobb <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Susan,

I agree, this would definitely speed up the process, but I have not been able to get a hold of them through any of my attempts at emailing them, including this email thread. Since Yuri's reply about 3 months or so ago, I have not heard anything from them, which is why I'd mentioned you being a
middleman to facilitate communication between us and them. If it'd be
possible to communicate with them directly, I'm all for it. Just let me know
how I can go about doing that and I'll be happy to accommodate their
communicative needs.

Thanks,
Nate

On 10/9/2014 4:03 PM, Susan Sober wrote:

Looking forward To to the next phase of this project. In order to
facilitate this transition, I believe that omitting my self as s middle
person between yuri & Boris would speed the process up

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 9, 2014, at 4:54 AM, Nathan Cobb <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Susan,

Thank you for such a speedy reply! I'll send you a message next week then to inquire for a more rigid time to meet then. I'll probably also be bugging you to contact Yuri and Boris on our behalf since I'm not entirely sure our
messages are reaching them.

Looking forward to wrapping this project up and moving on to the next
phase!

Regards,
Nate

On 10/9/2014 12:29 AM, Susan Sober wrote:

Thanks for the update I will be in NY 10/14/14 for several weeks no
problem setting up a meeting. Looking forward to hearing from you

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 17, 2014, at 11:50 PM, Nathan Cobb <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Susan,

Our initial plan to contact Boris before making the VMs available for
download was changed since we figured it'd be better to test the VMs first, before we contacted Boris about downloading them. We should be finished testing them by sometime this week. At that time we'll contact you and Boris
with instructions about how to download and install the VMs.

On another note you bring up a good point. The reason why we were still holding meetings was to show off new features and get you acquainted with them before you started using them. Let me know if you'd like to cancel the
meeting this week in case you don't feel it will be beneficial.

Of course, if you have any questions at all please feel free to ask!

Thanks,
Nate

On June 17, 2014 8:07:41 PM Susan Sober <spsblau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Spoke to Boris today he denies knowing anything about installing the
program? June was supposed to be the target months? At this point I don't see any reason to keep reviewing the program every two to three weeks.
Please let me know when the program will be installed and we can move
forward. Respectfully  Susan

Sent from my iPhone

--
Yuri Lumelsky