[fsug-calicut] suggestions for next meeting

  • From: "bobinson kb" <bobinsonkb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 17 Dec 2002 09:22:28 -0000

hello,

I think we must point out these issues in our further meetings.

1.) Free software is free even if we consider the cost. ie it
is free philosophically as well as moneywise. I think this aspect will be immdeately accepted by the people as compared to the 'religious' aspect.

2.) UNIX based systems teach users how to use computers along with the basic working of an OS.

3.) This is about the thin clients(LTSPs). The LTSPs are much more easy to maintain than individual PCs. As someone pointed out standalone PCs may be avilable with same cost as
that of LTSPs. But if we consider the maintanence cost of
the individual PCs it will be much more higher than 10 thinclients.

--regards bkb

--------------------------------------------- FSUG-Kozhikode Home Page : //www.freelists.org/webpage/fsug-calicut ---------------------------------------------