[fsug-calicut] Re: open documents format in mobile phones

  • From: Praveen A <pravi.a@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jemshidkk@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 19:30:19 -0700

He can use textmaker, though still proprietary it supports odf. I think
Abiword also has a windows mobile edition. Latest office has odf support,
but I don't know the status on the mobile edition.

On May 31, 2009 4:36 PM, "Jemshid KK" <jemshidkk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

hi all,
i have a friend who uses a mobile phone with windows mobile professional 6.1
os for his internet interactions.
microsoft .docx is the only format in which he can save documents in his
phone and can send as attachment.
as .docx is format which is to be discouraged, he has asked for a solution.
your suggestions please.
jemshid

*ps: relevant parts from the original message:
Dear Jemshid,
 I sent this mail as I send all my mails and other internet
interactions, from my cellphone which uses Windows Mobile Professional
6.1 as the OS. This seems to be the only fovmat to save documents in
the cellphone. I knew that this is a Microsoft product, but not that
it was so restricted until you pointed it out. Will have to copy and
paste, I think. If there is any way to overcome this problem on the
mobile platform, please inform me. I would also prefer an open format
if it will work on my mobile. Any other suggestions also welcome..*