[fsug-calicut] Re: no sound

  • From: "stranger in black....." <gnuise@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsug-tvm <ilug-tvm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 23:55:11 +0530

I think the problem is due to the usage of two audio controllers.......

*00:09.0 Multimedia audio controller: Fortemedia, Inc Xwave QS3000A [FM801]
(rev b2)
00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc.
VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 50)*

..............................

Junise Safvan
mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx
www.gnuise.co.cc
www.fsugcalicut.org

9746 283 383


On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 12:24 AM, stranger in black.....
<gnuise@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> this is sreehari's lspci output......
>
>
> 00:00.0 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8378 [KM400/A] Chipset Host
> Bridge
> 00:01.0 PCI bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8237/VX700 PCI Bridge
> 00:09.0 Multimedia audio controller: Fortemedia, Inc Xwave QS3000A [FM801]
> (rev b2)
> 00:09.1 Input device controller: Fortemedia, Inc Xwave QS3000A [FM801 game
> port] (rev b2)
> 00:0b.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7130 Video
> Broadcast Decoder (rev 01)
> 00:10.0 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1
> Controller (rev 80)
> 00:10.1 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1
> Controller (rev 80)
> 00:10.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1
> Controller (rev 80)
> 00:10.3 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB 2.0 (rev 82)
> 00:11.0 ISA bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8235 ISA Bridge
> 00:11.1 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc. 
> VT82C586A/B/VT82C686/A/B/VT823x/A/C
> PIPC Bus Master IDE (rev 06)
> 00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc.
> VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 50)
> 00:12.0 Ethernet controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6102 [Rhine-II] (rev
> 74)
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV44A [GeForce 6200]
> (rev a1)
>
> the sound is not working.........
>
> Junise Safvan
> mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> www.gnuise.co.cc
> www.fsugcalicut.org
>
>
>
> On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 7:45 PM, sreehari p r <pr.sreehari@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
>> *i cant open tar.bz2 file *
>> vat shud i do?
>>
>
>

Other related posts: