[fsug-calicut] my system and internet becoming very slow at some time.

  • From: sooraj kenoth <soorajkenoth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsug-tvm <ilug-tvm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, fsug-calicut <fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 12:01:02 +0530

my laptop is thoshiba
satellite-pro L100, 512ram.
the key feature(disadvantage[?]) is its overheating.

when in ubnutu8.04, it was very fast and become faster after switching to
9.04.
i'm using bsnl EVDO and i used get data transfer speed of 55KBPS(average).

but for last few day system becoming hotter, slower.
also internet speed is down to less than 10KBPS.

i used to type only yahoomail and gmail in navigation bar, and will
automatically redirected to the site. but now it is directing to open DNS.

when i'm trying to download something from rapid-share or mega-download, it
returns a message, your ip is already downloading a file and please complete
before you proceed

PNG image