[fsug-calicut] how to change the source list in gnewsence

  • From: sooraj kenoth <soorajkenoth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsug-tvm <ilug-tvm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, fsug-calicut <fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 03:00:51 +0530

i installed gnewsense in my old desktop pc. all hardware are properly
supported.

the only problem is that i could not play .amr file(i.e No sound in 3gp).
from my knowledge the only player that support amr codex [libamrnb3,
libamrwb3] is mpalyer.

the easiest way to install mplayer is to install using synaptic from ubuntu
repository(i hope hardy).

but i could not add the new repository.

by default gnewsense dose not support mplayer because it promote the use of
non free codex.

i'm using gnewsense, only because it is much lighter than ubuntu.