[fsug-calicut] Re: [fsug-kochi-discuss] Re: Re: [V Sasikumar] Another world is possible]

  • From: Raghavendra Bhat <ragu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsug-kochi-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 10:52:47 +0530

Dileep posts:

>> Any one can get the source  from any OSS's customer. I dont get the
>> point why you insist they them-self should make it avbl for all. If
>> you/anybody need it ....  you may go and get it.

I disagree to what Arun is  saying here and side up with Dileep.  Arun
is  making out  OSS  to be  Evil and  painting  them red.   I fail  to
understand  the  pretending nature  of  Arun  in  being selective  and
discriminative.  He has  all the time remained silent  when his `other
friends' in  Tvpm were seen as  blatantly denigrating the  GNU and its
ideals there..... :(

The company OSS per se should  not drift to the Open Source values but
I  see nothing  wrong in  releasing code  under the  GNU GPL  to their
customers  alone.  They  are  not circulating  their (maybe  modified)
binaries publically  but they  are promising us  that their  source to
these (including their modifications) are passed on to their customers
too.

All said and  done, I request that OSS (the  company in Kochi) release
their  generally useful  and functional  application/s to  the General
Public in  the immediate  future so that  the Community also  gets the
benefit, who knows; maybe  they themselves stand to benefit enormously
by this very action.  Justice to  the GNU should not only seem to have
been done but also appear to be have been done !

Btw, OSS  is an inappropriate  name for this Kochi-based  company. ;-)
Inappropriate  name for  an appropriate  technological model,  the GNU
model.

--
ragOO
FSUG-Kozhikode Home Page :