[fsug-calicut] (fsug-calicut)RE: (no subject)

  • From: "Ayyappadas A M" <a.das@xxxxxx>
  • To: fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 21:34:35 -0800

   Before proceeding to work with the modem in GNU/Linux make sure that you
read the linmodems-HOWTO.

>>I have just started using linux. I don't have a (linux)driver for my
>>internal modem PCtel HSP56 Micromodem 8.00. If one is available please send me
>
>  Now about the driver pctel driver for linux is available from several sites.
> I don't know whether they work with every model.Any way check the following
> links.
>
>http://linux-sxs.org/pctel.html
>http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/pctel-linux/
>
>   There is tarball available for downloading. But make sure that you have got
> all the kernel headers with you, the installation needs it. by the by check
> for you correct kernel version. If its 2.2.x or 2.4.x its there, driver for
> 2.5.x is not there in these links. I couldn't find out any link where it is
> there using google.

   I too have a pctel modem (HSP56 PT789) and its GNU/Linux modem is there in
those links. But yours is Micromodem 8.00, i think it works with this driver
too. Check for your modem chipset and model in the following link

       http://pctelcompdb.sourceforge.net/display.php

     Otherwise the driver for micromodem is available in the site
http://pctel.com . I don't think driver for the GNU/Linux is there. Any way try
that also.

      For installation and configuration of your micromodem there is a HOWTO.
Check this

http://linuxselfhelp.com/HOWTO/mini/PCTel-MicroModem-Config/

>> If not,tell some internal or external to use

  I don't think that is necessary. Check out in the net.

  ###  Y Y A P A D A S @  # # # #   #   C A L I C U T

http://Game.37.com/  <--- Free Games
http://newJoke.com/   <---  J O K E S  ! ! !
FSUG-Kozhikode Home Page :