[fsug-calicut] Re: [fsug-calicut]

  • From: Ajith Kumar <ajith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 10:30:07 +0530

arunbhaskar11 wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am a well wisher of free software movement and was attending all the
> meetings of fsug-calicut.  I would like to start a discussion based on
> some of the things I found out during my association with this
> movement.
>
> 1)  Recently all the user group members received mails from a
> commercial institute in calicut, called NICE.  They were trying to
> sell CDs and courses of GNU/Linux.  I later found that this is run by
> none other than the founder of fsug-calicut Mr.Ajith Kumar.  If I
> accuse him of doing or reviving his business at the expense of a
> movement which is hailing its non commercial nature as the strong
> point, can he justify these sort of actions?  In each meeting of fsug
> people criticise Microsoft over their commercial stands and here we
> are coming across people who are using this movement for their
> personal benefits.

Excellent. I request Arun Bhaskar to immediately start a computer
institute that will offer GNU/Linux courses and CD (for  Rs. 39/- so
that he can compete)
That is the most profitable business in the world.
In fact Ajith Kumar and Sreekumar are now second and third to Bill
Gates  due to the profits from GNU/Linux.
I request you to come to the next FSUG meeting and raise this issue
there. Mailing list may not be a proper place for that.

Ajith Kumar