[fsug-calicut] Re: fsug calicut meeting on 26/9/08 mananchira square

  • From: "Anivar Aravind" <anivar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jemshidkk@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 17:49:22 +0530

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 2:56 PM, Jemshid KK <jemshidkk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> dear freedom fighters
> we had a meeting yesterday at mananchira square.

Great!!

> we had participants from kseb linux group, ascent, westhill engg college
> and awh engineering college.

I feel it is better to address participation in Usergroup as individuals
that their organisations. Otherwise the voice of individuals may not be
comfortable with it. Lets address membeers of FSUG as Indiviuals . At the
same time KSEB users group , ascent etc can be supportive structures for
FSUG's work

> the decisions from the meeting.
> 1. we would like to receive the freedom walk team in kozhikode district.
> mr. unise is on discussion with anoop john in this regard.
> 2. a few workshops ahead
>    14/9/08 tuesday : workshop on "qt" at awh engineering college 9 am to 5
> pm
>    15/9/08 wednesday : workshop for hardware service engineers belonging to
> malabar it dealers association at hotel reniasance time 4 pm to 7 pm
>    16/9/08 thursday : introduction and hands on free software for
> engineers. govt. engg. college westhill, calicut. 2pm to 5pm
> 3. the fsug calicut is to be legalised by registering as a non-profit
> society and for which necessary actions are to be initiated.

I feel the need of strengthening the group  first. User groups works
normally as peoples collectives with no formal leadership . Not as
registered entities. making power structures first will kill the movement.

> 4. individuals, organisations, business organisations and institutions
> working with free software can affiliate with fsug calicut.

I feel institutions and affiliations is a bad step for a user group.