[fsug-calicut] Re: {V Sasikumar] Another world is possible]

  • From: "Dileep M. Kumar" <dileep@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:03:41 +0530

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 10:26:12PM +0530, Arun M wrote:

>>>I agree  with Dileep  that custom software  need not be  under Free
>>>Software license.  May be OSS's work  is of that  kind. This thread
>>>wouldn't have come up in the  first place if OSS said their software
>>>is specific purpose and is proprietary.  But issue is OSS is saying
>>>they distribute software  under GNU GPL.  I told  OSS people that i
>>>can

Did I  said like that. No.  What I said was  that it is  not the OSS's
responsibility  to make  the  source available  to  all, because  their
product is GPLd. Their responsibility ends when they deliver the source
to the customer who have paid them.

I know ethically this may be  not good.  But compare to the proprietary
world. Then  the work of  OSS is very  appreciative then. I hope  I am
able to convey my ideas exactly.

Any one  can get the  source from any  OSS's customer. I dont  get the
point why  you insist they  them-self should make  it avbl for  all. If
you/anybody need  it ....  you may go  and get  it. Why you  demand it
should be delivered at your doorsteps at their cost.

IMHO  this type  of  attitudes  make our  country  still a  developing
country. If somebody do some thing  good ... try to appreciate it.. if
that is not possible better dont blame them.

Regards
--
 .''`.     Dileep M. Kumar <dileep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: :'  :    http://www.kumarayil.net