[fsug-calicut] Re: RIS in Linux

  • From: Ranjan Das <thejranjan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 21:31:30 +0530

On 17 December 2010 20:45, jaseem abid <jaseemabid@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 7:52 AM, Ranjan Das <thejranjan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> Hi All,
>>

> Is there anyone who has tried the RIS in Linux for Remote Installation of
>> Windows from Linux?? If yes please do reply.
>>

> Are you trying to get help on windows installation from a fsug ??

This help is not on windows dear friend. I didnt ask you on how to install
Windows. i was asking about how to setup up an RIS server in linux, and i
hope all the parts(DHCP,BIND(DNS),TFTP,ris-linux,SAMBA etc ) except Windows
are a part of FOSS.

> I am in need of help badly.
>>

> Why do you need windows so badly

I dont need windows so badly. I dont use windows. I am using Trisquel with a
Linux Libre Kernel :) ;) and mostly Ubuntu and a fan of ubuntu :)
And also a great fan of FOSS.

And i apologize if this question broke the feelings of FOSS.

Friend i would like to hear more from you. Thanks for the reply. and let me
also say that i successfully configured RIS on LINUX a few minutes before.

> --
> Jaseem Abid
> +91 8891 72 43 72
> S3 CSE student