[fsug-calicut] Problem in mounting NTFS partition

  • From: Sajjad Anwar <sajjadkm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsug-calicut <fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, fsug-tvm <ilug-tvm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 22:56:22 +0530

Hello all.

Im running Ubuntu 9.04. Every partition gets mounted only when we manually
mount them when ever required. But I wanted one to be mounted at the start
up. Right clicked the partition and changed the mount options. I am sure i
got some errors there. then im not able to mount the partition, that is
obvious. Not even able to restore the change i had done.

Now, i opened fstab and entered the following
/dev/sdb1        /media/Everything  fuseblk
rw,nosuid,nodev,user_id=1000,uid=1000,owner,auto,allow_other,blksize=4096
0       0
this is done with regard to other partions properties. But it says " you are
not previlleged to mount". But i tried everything (user_id=0, group_id=0,
..) everything. But the problem persists.

Please help me out.

Regards.

--
Sajjad Anwar