[fsug-calicut] News Letter

  • From: "teamlfy" <niraj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 11:27:08 -0000

[Commercial]

Dear Linux enthusiasts,

LINUX For You's August issue is now hitting newsstands all across
India. Be it career prospects in Linux/OSS arena or Miguel De Icaza's
interview--each feature carries an element of interest for the Linux
community. We share the main highlights of the August issues--see if
you can afford to miss this one.

*******Highlights*******

LFY CD#1
--------
SME Linux--a complete Linux server that can be installed from a
single CD

LFY CD #2
---------
* OpenMosix--Set up your own cluster
* Zope's latest version (an award winning content management system)
* Amigo Linux--Linux that runs on Windows

LINUX For You
-------------
* Career Prospects in the Linux/OSS arena
* Installing Winmodems
* Running Linux on a laptop
* Annual market survey of Linux in the Indian Industry
* Linux desktops--Branded yet a Bargain

LFY PRO
-------
* Miguel De Icaza's exclusive interview
* Make Your Monitor a Radio Station
* Java Programming on Linux
* Programming with PHP and MySQL
* ClusterKnoppix reviewed

*******Highlights*******

Why do we have two versions of Linux For You now?
Linux For You was conceived with the aim of pushing Linux from labs
to offices. To achieve this goal, we realised that we needed to
reduce the pricing of the main magazine so that those who were not
technical but curious about Linux/OSS could access the information.
Hence, LINUX For You's main magazine was created as a magazine for
everyone to read.

At the same time, the demand from the tech community was clear --
they needed technical content along with CDs that bundled the latest
software and distros. Hence, the combined pack of LINUX For You and
LFY PRO and the two CDs is now available at Rs 100!

For more details about LINUX For You magazine, log on to
www.linuxforu.com or email at niraj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This communication aims to inform the Linux community about the
information contained in Asia's only magazine on Linux and open
source, and we hope that it will be taken positively.

FSUG-Kozhikode Home Page :
//www.freelists.org/webpage/fsug-calicut