[fsug-calicut] Fwd: [fsug-tvm] Violation of IT Policy - Kerala, India.

  • From: Jaisen Nedumpala <jaisuvyas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsug-calicut <fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 23:14:07 +0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jaisen Nedumpala <jaisuvyas@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2009/12/8
Subject: Fwd: [fsug-tvm] Violation of IT Policy - Kerala, India.
To: OSGeo Discussions <discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: OSGeo_discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

The Kerala State IT Mission is going for proprietary softwares,
against the IT policy of the hon'ble Government of Kerala. Current IT
Policy of the state, is accessible here:

http://www.kerala.gov.in/annualprofile/it_07.pdf

In order to set up a child organization named KSDI ( Kerala State
Spatial Data Infrastructure ), the Kerala State IT Mission need closed
source proprietary software, clearly violating or ignoring the
sections 2.10,  6.7,  7.6,  8.2, and 13.1.3.b, in the IT policy of the
government, in which the IT Mission is only a fraction of.

The request for proposals released by the Kerala State IT Mission can
be accessed in the link:

http://www.itmission.kerala.gov.in/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=247&Itemid=63

Again, the attempt by KSITM is against the essence of the "Policy on
Open Standards for e-Governance" (still in draft stage), by the Govt.
of India, which is accessible here:

http://cots.nic.in/cots.tar.gz

We the free software community of Kerala are going to bring out the
matter in to the attention of the Hon'ble chief minister of Kerala.

We request solidarity from the OSGeo community on our efforts on the issue.

CC-ed to OSGeo India mailing list also.

Freedom matters.