[fsug-calicut] Fwd: [Talk-in] About having a mapping party in Koorachundu Village Panchayat - Kozhikode district - Kerala - Reg.

  • From: Jaisen Nedumpala <jaisuvyas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 11:23:09 +0530

Hai,

An OpenStreetMap mapping party is arranged in Koorachundu Village
Panchayat, Kozhikode District, during the next week, starting from
21/7/2014 (Monday) and finish on 25/7/2014 (Friday). (Sorry for short
notice.)

A very simple inaugural and introductory meeting is scheduled at 11.00 am
on 21/7/2014 (Monday).
Venue: The panchayat meeting room, O/o Koorachundu Village Panchayat,
Koorachundu.

A simple closing ceremony will also be there [on 25/7/2014 (Friday)] at
3.00 pm in the evening, everyone who participated can share their
experience during this programme.

[Update: The closing ceremony may be changed to 24/7/2014, even if the
programme will last upto the 25th July, as another free software event is
being scheduled to start on 25/7/2014, at Thiruvananthapuram.]

We have the contact details of resource persons for all the wards, and they
will participate in the inaugural meeting and will help the mappers during
the physical survey in the field. They will also participate in the closing
ceremony too.

Priority list on, What to map - are:

1. The geographical boundaries of Koorachundu village panchayat.
2. Existing ward boundaries (which was fixed in 2010). [We have an approved
ward de-limitation document and boundaries are to be marked based on that]
3. Rivers and Streams.
4. Roads, footpaths, etc.
5. Forest boundary.
6. Buildings which can be used as potential polling booths.
7. Assets, Landuse and Water resources (only if possible within this
time-limit).

Special note: No need to worry if anybody can't reach here for the
inaugural function, they can join us any time before 24/7/2014.

We are on the way to arrange the lodging facilities, for those who are
coming from distant places. So please send me a personal mail off-list,
those who love to help us and want to participate during this period.

If any one can arrange a few extra handheld GPS receivers, and/or spare
smartphones with GPS receivers will be considered as their kind blessing
for this venture. :)

Best.

--
 - ജയ്സെനോവ് നെടുമ്പാലോവിച്ച് പഹയനോവ്സ്കി -