[fsug-calicut] Fwd:

  • From: baiju <baiju@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 12:53:53 +0530

Hi,
    Could anyone can please attend this meeting?
I think its in Trichur, don't know exact place.
Bobinson, can you get more about this from your teacher?
Also contact Venu.

BTW, how was the program at Devagiri. Any other
program planned? I will be there on next moth,
hope we can meet there.

Most of the IT @ school project guys are from thirur (Malappuram)
and there are some interested guys from Dinesh Techno park (Kannur)
We can contact them also to conduct this kind of programs.
I already contacted FSUG-Kochi guys, but I din't got any respose yet.
I think we can conatct C.KRaju (KILA,trichur), Ramanunni (Palakkad,
they installed GNU/Linux at their panchayath), etc. we should also contact
free software interested guys from all over kerala (I have no contacts at
Kasarkode,Pathanamthitta etc.) There are some interested guys at
Kollam,Alappuzha etc, will contact them too.

Two days back, KSSP discussed about Free softwares
at their executive meeting at trichur. So now we will be having
full support from Kerala Shastra Sahitya parishat also.
We should contact other NGOs also.
Hey, Should we contact political parties too ?

Regards,
Baiju M

Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 04:58:51 +0000 (GMT)
From: vinod pathari <pathari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: baiju@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

dear baiju,

hope you remember me. we met once in the CS dept.

of REC (nit). i am vinod - cibu's (varamozhi
fame)
friend.

i got your mail id from ayyappadas.

the immediate reason for this mail is:
a social group is planning for a pro linux
campaign for the state-wide govt. funded
computerization projects.

as of now, kerala govt. is planning to sign up
with MS for the same and is either willing or
ignorant of the recurrig license charges of the
windows OS.

this group of socially motivated and technically
challenged guys is organizing a seminar at KILA,
Thrissur tomorrow.

if it does not hamper your individual plans too
much, i sincerely request you to attend the
meeting and later come here to the campus to
explain us about the situation.

i am trying to revive FSF activities here with
the help of ayyappadas and others. once of the
mca passouts may also attend the meeting
tomorrow.

in any case, i request you to contact Mr. Venu,
492209 (poovaattuparambu) today and inform of
your availability tomorrow.

further, if he explains the activities to you,
please see how you can help him out. please do
contact him.

thanks &
regards,

vinod p