[fsug-calicut] Re: FSUG-Calicut mailing list is up now!

  • From: Ajith Kumar <ajith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 08:16:42 +0530

dr antony joseph wrote:

> Dae Mr.Biju,
>         Thank you for your mail and other enquiries. I was away last
> week and so was not able to open my mailbox.
>         Mr.Ajithkumar  returned to New Delhi last week. If you want to
> have a copy of the GLUE CD, please try to contact Mr.Reju at NICE
> (National Institute of Computer Education), opposite to Aradhana
> Tourist home at Calicut.
>         About the future plans, I will send you a mail within one
> week.

Dear Antony,
        Now due to Baiju's effort you can't sleep over the future plans.
More people
are going to ask about that. I like to recall some of the plans we
discussed last month

1. A group to visit colleges and colleges. If the school/college has a
network, ask them to
install one Terminal Server and provide help. If they are planing to get
computers, advice
them to go for an LTS to save money on hardware also. Give a copy of GLUE
CD to all the
places you visit.

2. One day camps on various topics like Installation , networking etc.
During the camps the free software philosophy to be told.
In other words, we need to tell them Free Software is better even if MS
gives everything free from today onwards because of the freedom we have
to learn, modify and redistribute it.

Inform all the members about this list.

ajith

-- Type: text/x-vcard