[fsug-calicut] FOSS event stream at NIT-C tech fest.

  • From: Sajjad Anwar <sajjadkm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsug-calicut <fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, fsug-tvm <ilug-tvm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, mes-fsug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 14:44:21 +0530

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that, for the first time, the technical festival
series of NIT-C, Tathva 09, is taking FOSS into it. There are a stream of
events under the flag (visit the
website<http://tathva.org/beta2/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=132&Itemid=84>
).
They had pinged fsug-calicut for community support since they realize FOSS
is living in the community. Hence this request to promote and invite
everyone to the event. We could just make this time having a lot of
unconferences like we usually do with other events all around.

Infact, in my terms, the most attractive event is the Mapping Party. This is
a community initiative to map the entire NIT-C campus and the regions around
it to the OpenStreetMap. More details on this would be found at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/NITC_mapping_party
Do create a login to the wiki and add your names to the participants list.
More details regarding this event would be following.
Thank you.

Regards.
--
Sajjad Anwar