[fsug-calicut] Re: FOSS Stall for Tathva 09

  • From: Sajjad Anwar <sajjadkm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 10:50:47 +0530

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 1:16 AM, Abhishek L <abhishekl.2006@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ideas for a FOSS stall:
> We are planning to conduct a stall displaying FOSS softwares at tathva
> 09.We would love any opinions or any ideas to be incorporated for this to be
> a success.By this stall we basically plan to display the powerful
> capabilities of Linux and some other features of linux OS.Any ideas or
> recommendations would be a big help.

Well, seems great. The first thing what it comes to my mind about a FOSS
Stall would be giving  a hand to help the visitors which of the GNU/Linux
flavor suits them the most. I hope this could be done. Take out some good
distros and show them.
There are a lot of posters somewhere on the web, you could print them and
stick it all over the stall walls, to make it more eyecatching.

Another suggestion would be having a brief hands-on hack on GIMP, Inkscape
and few other important tools. These are not meant to show the proprietary
replacements but to showcase the GNU/Linux system's power.

Lot of videos are available which attract more users to GNU. They could be
played. I have a few of them. If you need help give me a call.

Meanwhile, having more thought about latest upgrades, ventures, hacks could
be done. You could even develop a Tathva Distro by remastering any of the
flavors you like and give them to your friends.

Regards.

--
Sajjad Anwar
http://geohackers.in