[fsug-calicut] [Commercial] LinuxAsia is BACK!

  • From: "Niraj Sahay" <niraj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 06:04:27 -0000

Dear Members of the community,

LinuxAsia 2007 is coming. And this year, we would like to ensure that
the Linux/OSS community is fully engaged with the event.

What all is happening at LinuxAsia this year?

The main track - 'technology.innovation@xxxxxx', which will go on for
3 days from 31st January till 2nd February 2007 at the India Habitat
Centre, New Delhi.

The second track - CXOSummit - is a one-day event being held at Hotel
Taj Mahal, Man Singh, New Delhi on the 1st of February 2007.

Besides that, there will be an IOSN summit, ODF India Chapter summit,
technical workshops, sessions by LUGs, and last but not the least, the
Expo.

What are the entry charges?
***************************

FIRST 500 FREE!!!
Ok, this is best news of the day - the first 500 registrants can get
the COMMUNITY PASS, which allows them entry to the
'technology.innovation@xxxxxx' track for FREE (subject to availability
of vacant seats in the main hall and on a first-cum-first-served
basis)! Though there is an element of organisers' checking your
details and approving the serious cases only, but then, if you're
serious about attending International-level Linux/OSS events - then
REGISTER NOW at http://www.linuxasia.net.

DELEGATE PASSES FOR SERIOUS PROFESSIONALS
For the serious professionals who want 'guaranteed seating' at
LinuxAsia 2007, we have the DELEGATE PASS. There is an 'early bird'
offer till 25th Jan 07 (subject to availability of seats). Simply opt
for 'more info on the Delegate Pass' while registering for LinuxAsia
2007, and our team will get back to you immediately.

Plus, there are special discounts on the DELEGATE PASSES for
ILUG-Delhi members, EFY subscribers, and students!

What about entry to the CXOSummit?
**********************************

The CXOSummit is a 'by-invitation-only' event. But, you can opt for
that while registering for LinuxAsia 2007, and if your profile matches
that of a CXO, our team will connect with you immediately.

Who all are going to speak at LinuxAsia 2007?

Klaus Knopper (Knoppix), Brian Behlendorf (Apache and CollabNet), Dr
Negroponte (one-laptop-per-child programme), are some of the
international technology Gurus who have confirmed. We expect 3-4 more
global luminaries to be there--their confirmation is in progress.

Any facilities for out-station delegates?

We have tied up with 'hospitality partners' who can assist you in
getting best deals for travel and stay. If you need this support,
simply select that option while registering.

What is LinuxAsia trying to achieve this year?

The goals that have been laid down for LinuxAsia 07 are:

Goal #1: Promote open source driven innovation so that India can
showcase a minimum of 20 globally recognised OSS projects at LinuxAsia
2008.

Goal #2: Accelerate the adoption of Linux and open source software by
highlighting their advantages, sharing success stories, and discussing
strategies on how CXOs can gain advantage from both "open source" and
"proprietary" worlds.

Goal #3: To provide a platform where other organisations with
OSS-related agendas can hold their own sub-events and network with the
entire community.

So, we request you to register, participate, and let us know how we
fared in achieving those goals.

Cheers!
Team, LinuxAsia
team@xxxxxxxxx