[fsug-calicut] A collaborative mapping platform similar to OpenStreetMap and Google Maps

  • From: Mohammed Rashad <mohammedrashadkm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 18:51:16 +0530

Here is a Collaborative Mapping platform, version 0.12 that we have built -
it is for creating data based on any WMS layer in the background.
I already send a mail when we released first version. this is a new version
with more bug fixing and update. It is similar to OpenStreetMap

current version also has some bugs. we are working to make it independent of
postgis and other WFS and WFS-T services. later version can be used as an
alternative to google maps :)
Next version we planned to talk with shapefiles directly there by increasing
performance and speed

IF IT IS SLOW IT IS BECAUSE OF GML LAYERS USED. next version wont use GML as
we are porting data from GML to ESRI Shapefile

please test it and let us know your needs and bugs in it.
 In the current version, it can load district boundary maps and GPS tracks.
Based on the GPS tracks, one can create (trace, draw) new data layers -
river boundaries, road tracks, and even points and polygons.

Link is here. unfortunately because of some technical issues it works only
for firefox. tested on both windows and linux.
lsi.iiit.ac.in/wt/vgis.wt

--
Rashad