[fsf60k] Re: un mas cosa

  • From: "Michael AR Cipoletti" <ikecip@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:48:00 -0400

To expound on the literacy project.
This is something that Shari and I framed out over the course of a year.
Basically the women (rosa rita Leyla and Conchita) are doing literacy in
exchange for English lessons.
Please be advised that all groups working with Conchita do pay her a stipend
of about 100 dollars per trip.
I try to do all set up work to keep what she needs to do at a minimum.
Also keep in mind that the literacy program has gas budgeted in so it should
not be coming out of her 250 dollar salary.
I believe Shari has the program funded for 6 months but we obviously want it
to continue past that.
We are also trying to begin a youth initiative in nuevo where rosa and
company take the young people on field trips learning experiences etc. but
funding is needed.
Again shari has more information.
Talk soon
Michael