[fsf60k] Re: fsf60k Digest V3 #134

  • From: Peter White <pedro831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, fsf60k digest users <"FSF60K DigestSubscribers"@freelists.org>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 00:49:26 -0500

To all. Room H-109 is arranged for Wed. eve. Jan. 7 at 7:30pm for our
monthly meeting. Hope all can attend. Lots to discuss, do. And for a nice
present at this time of year, we received the check from Millie's nephew's
corporation, Liquidnet, for third prize/place in their Local Impact Grants
program, $12,500. So that money will also to be part of our discussion.
Also, there's work to be done. We must send thank you's to all the folks who
assisted/donated for the FFf. So Please come. PW

Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 13:21:55 -0500
From: "richard wiltamuth" <dwiltam@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [fsf60k] meeting of the minds

dear friends,
our first meeting of 2009 will be held on wednesday, jan. 7, at 7:30 at the
high school. the first thursday is new year's day, and the second thursday
marks the arrival of three visitors from chacraseca, rosa, julio and juan
enrique. they are arriving at laguardia from managua and miami at 6 p.m.
jan. 8 and are to leave for san diego via salt lake city from jfk at 9 a.m.
saturday, jan. 10. on friday, they want to spend time with sisters joan and
liz at maryknoll in ossining. if you would like to assist with housing or
transportation, please contact pete white at 757-6150 or
pedro831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx to coordinate. the cross-country tour is being
arranged by the rev. leslie penrose, an experienced chacraseca hand and
founder of the just hope nonprofit in tulsa. we have discussed students and
friends donating to her effort to bring clean water to several families in
chacrasea.
we will try to continue holding meetings on the first thursday of the month.
in the meantime, a toast to a productive and helping new year.

End of fsf60k Digest V3 #134