[fsf60k] Re: fsf60k Digest V3 #123

  • From: "Michael Cipoletti" <ikecip@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 07:27:33 -0500

miss you already
isnt that cute
mc
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jen Brady
  To: fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 11:34 PM
  Subject: [fsf60k] Re: fsf60k Digest V3 #123

  Hi All!

  Blue Point Brewery is hosting a night of food and music (plus beer, of
course!) to raise money for Marcelo Lucero's mom next Friday, December 12.
The band is led by Jack Licitra who ironically was hosting a peace concert in
town the same night Marcelo was killed.  The fact that he will be performing
with students from the Patchogue-Medford district will hopefully help to show
that young people in the community do not condone the horrible acts of their
fellow students.

  Since the announcement of the brewery fundraiser, other businesses and
organizations in Patchogue have joined in the evening's sentiment and now
throughout the town there will be events to bring the community together
against hate and raise funds to support his mother in Ecuador.  I've attached a
flier about the brewery event with more info. Feel free to print it out and
circulate it where you deem appropriate.

  Hope some of you can make it,
  Jen Brady Cotter

  > Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 02:03:05 -0500
  > From: FSF60K@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; Digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  > To: "FSF60K DigestSubscribers"@freelists.org
  > Subject: fsf60k Digest V3 #123
  >
  > fsf60k Digest Tue, 02 Dec 2008 Volume: 03 Issue: 123
  >
  > In This Issue:
  > [fsf60k] Re: fsf60k Digest V3 #122
  > [fsf60k] Re: fsf60k Digest V3 #122

  > Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 11:59:27 -0500
  > From: Peter White <pedro831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  > Subject: [fsf60k] Re: fsf60k Digest V3 #122
  >
  > Hi to All Friends and Students,
  >
  > Here's a list and some info regarding the local outreach centers/food
  > pantries for us to assist with the Fete money. We raised $4000. We proposed
  > contributing $3500 of that sum and keeping $500 back in case of future
  > emergency. those who emailed back agreed. Students for 60000 has agreed to
  > match this sum, for a total of $7000 to be donated locally as follows:
  >
  > 1. Pronto, 128 Pine Aiare Dr., Bayshore (just off Sagtikos Pkwy), needs $
  > for meals, clothing, upcoming holiday relief. Serves the most # of people of
  > any group in local area, mostly from Latino Brentwood community.
  > Suggest $1000
  >
  > 2. St. Hugh of Lincoln Outreach, 21 E. Ninth St., Hunt. Sta. Serves more
  > than 700 people ea. mo. Shelves are emptying quickly.
  > Suggest $1000
  >
  > 3. St. Anthony of Padua, Fifth Av., East Npt. Serves about 200 per mo.
  > Suggest $500
  >
  > 4. Ecumenical Lay Council, Presbyterian Church on Main St., Npt.
  > Suggest $500
  > Note: St. Anthony and ELC are have smaller number of people hence splitting
  > the $$.
  >
  > 5. Community food Council, 90 E. Fifth St., Hunt. Sta. Serves 50-90 persons
  > per day, or several thousand per mo.
  > Suggest $1000
  >
  > 6. Project Hope, housed in St. Hugh's building, feeds day laborers.
  > Suggest $1000
  >
  > 7. Family of Patchogue victim Marcelo Lucero, suggest $500
  > Angel Loja, other victim along with Lucero who escaped and was not
  > killed. Lost his job
  > as result of notoriety, testifying, etc. Suggest $500
  > Note: this split between the two victims is suggestion from Bart Jones and
  > Rev. Allen Ramirez.
  >
  > 7. $1000 left for discussion. How's HIHI doing? Or Farmingdale? Or should we
  > locate another food pantry/outreach center/ or do something with/for a city
  > group. Let's discuss on Thurs. night.
  >
  > Pete White

  Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your Hotmail®
account.

database 3663 (20081204) __________

  http://www.eset.com
  =