[fsf60k] Thanks, and some money is on the way

  • From: Peter White <pedro831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: director@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 18:22:47 -0500

Hola Andrew,

It was a pleasure to here your voice again at our meeting last night (I
recognize your voice from a previous conference call). Your command of the
water situation, your cogent responses to our questions, your patience with
all of us non-technical people, etc. showed all present that we are on the
right track toward getting these waterless folks the relief we believe they
deserve. The people of NA have been suffering for nearly a decade from this
water problem, from contaminated water, to arsenic water, to no water,
expensive water, etc. Finally, from Feb. 2001 when we first discovered the
"Old Nuevo" until now, there is more than a glimmer of hope for those who
have has such a hopeless existence, and much of the thanks goes to you and
your group for your knowledge and follow through. I'm certain I speak for my
co-director Dick Wiltamuth, and the members of Friends of SF60K, Org. when I
say thank you enormously for all you've brought to the project.

I am giving Mike an envelope tonight or tomorrow morning containing $8000 in
cash to be turned over to you to make up for some of the money you've used
that we've committed to. This was voted on last night. More money will be
forthcoming as we proceed.

Please get back to me if there is something I must know, or should know, or
anything is unclear.

Peter White, Dir. Friends of SF60000, Inc.

p.s. I have been with this Nuevo Amanecer Project since mid-Feb. 2001, when
six of my students and I were brought there by a professor from the
University Hospital in Leon named Dr. Fidelina Munguia (a psychologist, not
an MD). From 2001 until 2007 I wrote six articles about NA which contain
much of the history of this project  are available for you to read, in the
event you have time and would like to. They can be found by doing the
following:
1. Log onto www.guidancechannel.com and see the home page, which I hope is
still up.
2. Scroll down about a page and look left to see a link called
"Strengthening Communities Through Community Service," by Peter White. Click
on that and my last (of about 73 articles, mostly about Nica) article on NA,
called "The Struggle for Water" by the way, should appear. Feel free to read
it. It was written in June 2007, just before we had the present well
perforated.
3. Notice then on the right a link called "Archives." If you click there,
you should find a listing of all 73 articles. Five more  of them are about
NA, from our very first visit in Feb. 2001, to the advent of Conchita, the
purchase of the land that the community now exists on, the building of the
first houses, the problems we and the people dealt with,  etc. Good
background reading if you have the time. Thanks again for your follow
through and expertise on this.

PW

***
You can unsubscribe from this list by sending an email to
fsf60k-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the subject field.
An archive of messages is available at //www.freelists.org/archives/fsf60k.
FAQ'are available at //www.freelists.org/help/faq.html***