[fsf60k] Hand Pump for Nuevo Amanecer

  • From: "L Morella" <lyndalaura@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, admin@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 17:22:02 -0400

Hi FSFS & SF60k,

During the April trip to Nicaragua we used a hand pump to draw water for mixing cement at the work site of Mojon Sur #1 to help build a comedor addition for the schoool. The pump works very well, is extremely sturdy, and from what we understand needs very little maintenance. It was provided by Living Water International www.water.cc , an organization that has provided H2O for many Nicaraguans, with Jorge Alverado on site managing their projects. I have been in contact with LWI regarding availability, technical specs, logistics, and cost of a hand pump for the well in Nuevo Amanecer.

Regarding availability - LWI will advise asap. Regarding tech specs - the pump will definitely reach the H2O depth in the well. I have emailed the manufacturer AOV International www.aovinternational.com in India to ensure that it can function well given the H2O temp, and forwarded H2O test results to ensure that corrosion will not be a problem. Regarding logistics -the pumps are shipped from India to El Salvador, and LWI has storage in Leon (overseen by Yader & Jorge). Regarding cost - LWI orders in bullk from AOVI getting a very reduced price which they will pass along to us. Total cost for pump, installation, and cement apron to be determined.

I have expressed to LWI & AOVI that there is an existng well with no way to draw the water, and that an expeditious solution is necessary because the people of Nuevo Amanecer are in desperate need of water.

I'll keep you informed,
Lynda Morella
*** You can unsubscribe from this list by sending an email to fsf60k-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the subject field. An archive of messages is available at //www.freelists.org/archives/fsf60k. FAQ'are available at //www.freelists.org/help/faq.html***