[fsf60k] August Meeting this Thurs eve. Aug. 2

  • From: Peter White <pedro831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 21:45:09 -0400

Hola to All,

The next meeting of Friends of Students for 60000 will be this Thursday
evening, August 2, at 7:30 p.m. in room H 104 of Northport HS.

Much has been happening since we met last, and it would be great if we could
come together to get involved and more active, to follow through on what is
being discussed and planned. For starters, several have been working on
Volume II of our Friends newsletter, and more is needed to be done. We will
soon be putting together the final touches on our $10000 housing initiative,
with $10000 more to be matched. Several are discussing a Friends trip to
Nicaragua for the fall. And there's the  Walk-2-Nicaragua that the FL
chapter conducted in spring that we said we'd be doing in the fall. Bob
Hodum is making a suggestion that we make it a reprise of a walk that he and
hundreds of others did 40 years ago with Dick Streb, from Pt. Jefferson to
Npt. (Biafra back then, Nica now). Sounds very exciting. We're in. Hope you
will be too. So please come and get involved. Hope to see you all there
Thurs. evening.

Pete and Kate

***
You can unsubscribe from this list by sending an email to
fsf60k-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the subject field.
An archive of messages is available at //www.freelists.org/archives/fsf60k.
FAQ'are available at //www.freelists.org/help/faq.html***