[fruityloops] Re: welcome!

  • From: Andrew Ebling <aebling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 06 Feb 2002 12:50:51 +0000

Having asked everyone else to introduce themselves, I suppose I had
better do so myself, so here goes.

> - personal intro (who you are, where you live, what you do etc)

My name is Andy and I live in Guidford, Surrey, UK.  I work as a
software engineer in small to medium sized embedded systems company.

> - how long you have been using fruityloops.

A couple of weeks now.

> - what you use fruityloops for (making loops, doing complete songs,

I usually start out intending to make a loop and end up with a whole
song.  That is the nature of fruityloops!

I usually work somewhere in the dance genre, but occasionally end up
somewhere else.

> - what you like about fruityloops/favourite features.

Overall, you get a good bang-for-ya-buck.  In the past you'd have needed
a lot of money, background knowledge, time and space to make music with
the same variety of instruments.

> - what you dislike about fruityloops/missing features.

Coming from a MIDI background, I'd prefer to see improved MIDI support
and/or the ability to record into a sampler on the fly.  Say for example
you have created a riff which sounds great played thru your external
sound module or keyboard.  You can either painstackingly sample lots of
notes and build an instrument that sounds similar, or you could record
the audio from the module straight into sampler and trigger it at the
appropriate time.

> - links to your favourite fruityloops related resources:
>       - websites
>       - newsgroups
>       - other mailing lists

none as yet.  The support forum seems to be rather "closed" and lacks a
community spirit.  Part of the reason why I created this list.

I may set up a fruityloops news site/portal to provide relevant news and
track reviews etc.  Any ideas and suggestions for this site are welcome.

> - links to any songs you have done that are available.

none as yet.  Watch this space.

Please promote this list as much as possible!

best regards,

Andy

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --
-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part