[fruityloops] midi sync difficulties

  • From: "wayne mercier" <wmercier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 18:10:02 -0800

Howdy folks. Maybe you can help me out.

I'm trying to set up fruityloops as the master in a setup involving :
my computer [running through a Creative Labs Extigy soundcard] to a Roland
MC-09 Phrase lab to a Roland HPD-15 Handsonic.

And I'm not having any luck.

Fruity settings are as follows:

Master Sync Output:    Creative XB Extigy UART
Output Port Mapping:        Creative SB Extigy MIDI Synth Port 0
                                                   Creative SB Extigy MIDI Uart
    Port 10

Enable MIDI Output    On
Enable MIDI Master Sync    On

The MC-09 is set to slave,as is the Handsonic.

The gear will slave to ACID [which has a whole set of different problems -
anyone know how to continue MIDI sync when the track reaches the end of a loop
envelope?] but with FruityLoops I have no success. This is inconvenient b/c
Fruity is my prog. of choice for live manipulation thx to the handily
assignable knobs [I'm also using an Evolution U-Control which works just fine].

Any insight would be appreciated... I'm stumped.

-w.