[fruityloops] map multiple channels to keyboard

  • From: James Cooper <pixel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 03:44:38 -0800

hi there,

I'm fairly new to FL.  I have an oxygen 8 and I'd like to use it to
program some drum patterns.  It seems that all the notation input in
FL is done one channel at a time.

Ideally, I'd like to build a drum kit with say, 8 sounds, each in a
separate channel.  and then map those to my oxygen so I can record a
drum pattern (ie. each of the 8 channels would be mapped to a key on
the oxygen).

Is this possible?  If not, how do you guys typically program drums?
just using the step sequencer one channel at a time?  that's what I've
been doing so far, but sometimes it's a lot easier to just bang out a
drum line with all the sounds at once (especially for breakbeats).

thanks

-- James