[fruityloops] Re: difference b/w f.l. and mpc

  • From: Forwonoh@xxxxxxx
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 04:36:36 EDT

In a message dated 8/20/2002 11:19:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> When you say "better", what exactly do you mean?  The sounds have more
> punch?  The timing is better, so the beats sound more natural or what?
>
> The sound you get out of your PC is heavily dependant on your soundcard.
> Which soundcard do you have?

Yes, exactly, both the sounds have more punch and the timing seems better so
the beats sound more natural and smooth, seemless.

Ahh... what sound card.  Well, unfortunately, right now I'm just using
whatever soundcard came with my computer.  I don't think it's anything
special... but that also leads me to my next question (and perhaps a bit too
soon, oh well) I'm trying to get a new sound card.  The only thing is, I also
want a laptop to go with it.  So, I need sugguestions - what should I do for
a sound card?  I have been told you can get adapters so standard sized sound
cards can fit externally in a laptop (but this still doesn't really help me
choose).  I know that I want one with midi and good wavetable sounds so I can
make authentic sounding music.  Also, I had always just assumed I would be
getting a PC (as usual), but more and more I hear that macs are better for
audio (and video) production.  I wouldn't mind trying a mac but I don't want
to be left with no software or something.  Does fruityloops come in a mac
version - or is it possible now-a-days to use PC software on a new mac?