[fruityloops] Re: Weird and frustrating

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 11 Mar 2003 08:03:38 +0000

On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 02:26, Doug Gough wrote:
> Ok...I'm working on a pattern. 16 ticks long. I insert a ts404, and choose
> "edit events" for the filter cutoff. I draw my waveform, and accidentally
> draw past the 16 ticks. Suddenly, the stupid thing starts looping around 32
> ticks instead of 16, and I have no idea how to get it back. Undoing the
> automation doesn't do it. Where did it get the idea that I wanted that? It's
> in pattern mode, so it's not playing an empty pattern after my full pattern.
> The pointer in the event editor window just carries on into the next 16
> ticks. If I open a different pattern, then open the event editor, it's
> cycling around the 16 ticks like I want it to. Stuff like this makes me
> crazy.

First of all, is this fruityloops 3.56 or FLStudio 4.0?

So undo-ing the automation doesn't work, but is it any different if you
delete it using the delete tool?

This work around should do it however (I haven't tried it because I'm at
work): clone the pattern in the playlist (Shift+Ctrl+C), which will copy
any note data but not automation.  The pattern _should_ now loop
correctly.

hope that helps,

Andy