[fruityloops] Re: (New?) way to use Fruityloops

  • From: Andrew Ebling <aebling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 19 Feb 2002 08:41:49 +0000

On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 08:31, Gwydion Elderwyn wrote:

> > I was curious if anyone else out there uses
> > Fruityloops the same way I use it.
>
> Sort of ... what I do is use it to make loops which I then export in
> Acidised Wav format and import into Cakewalk where I can "paint" the loops
> how I want them and then record live synth parts over the top.  But I
> finalise my mix in Cakewalk, not FL.

Another possibility is to export all the tracks to FruityTracks.  I
downloaded the demo of this but wasn't sufficiently taken with it to
consider registering it.

I have also considered exporting all tracks and loading them into
Micrologic, but you cannot insert effects in channels (only send to one
of two effects busses) so that gets rather limiting very quickly.

Currently, I'm doing everything in fruityloops and then tweaking the
final stereo mix with various tools to polish and maximise it.

Fruityloops is a fantastic package (especially considering its cost) but
it does lack a decent mixer... :-(

--
best regards,

Andy