[fruityloops] Re: Moving things around

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 10 Jul 2003 07:58:12 +0100

On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 03:24, Cedric Theys wrote:

> I got the hang of copy and paste even though it seems harder than it
> really needs to be so maybe I'm not doing that right.

Most things in FL are extremely easy and efficient, so as a general rule
if it seems awkward, there is usually a better way!

> The issue I'm having is to move things around. Let me explain.
> Imagine you have 30 patterns; you have alraedy 2 minutes of music but
> you decide to add an intro to the whole thing or just put a bridge some
> where. How do you manage that? Do you have to actually move everything
> forward so you have room at the begining to put your intro? Please tell
> me there is an easier way!:)

This depends on which version of the program you are using - its
different between fruityloops 3.xx and FLStudio 4.1. New functions
relating to this have been released in the latest 4.12 public beta,
which make it much easier - so you might want to check that out if you
haven't already done so.  It can be downloaded from the official forums.

So if you let us know which version you have, then we can help you out.

> What about if I want to group patterns closer together because they
> make more sense; can you switch patterns around or do you have to
> actually rebuild the whole pattern where you want it to be, closer to
> the group where it belongs (group that can exist are for exemple:
> percussion stuff or a melodies or different bass lines, etc...)

You can change the listing order of patterns by selecting on in the
playlist and pressing Alt+Up Arrow or Alt+Down Arrow.

Incidentally, have you found the clone pattern function yet?  Just
select a pattern in the playlist and press Shift+Ctrl+C.

hope that helps,

Andy

---