[fruityloops] Re: Mixing in Fruity Loops

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 05 Dec 2002 11:57:11 +0000

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 11:29, Rui.Barata@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> It helped me a lot. Just one more question: the knobs in the step
> sequencer. What position shall they be at the beginning of the mixing?
>  I think one of them is Pan. Well, this one must be in the middle (if no
> panning effects are required). The other one is Volume. This one, do you
> recommend it to be in the middle position also?

I recommend you reset these controls (right click and select reset).
However, you might want to adjust the channel vol in Channel Settings (I
think its under the Misc page, but I'm going from memory here), to give
a good level of output (so the meter in the FX window shows a good
level).

> About the procedure that you've recommended (adding FX plug-ins, FX slots
> and all related) its all described in Fruity  Effects chapter of the
> manual?

I recommend you go to the fruityloops website, click on "support-help"
button on the left hand side and select "tutorials".  Scroll to the
bottom of the page and there is a tutorial called "FX Explained".  I
think this covers basic FX usage fairly well.

Its also explained in the online help file, but the tutorial on the
website is probably easier to follow.

Andy