[fruityloops] Re: Ideal Fruity PC configuration (specs)

  • From: Tim Jenkins <TimJ@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 09:05:11 +0100

Hay I am with Andy on this one. I only run a 1.3GHz Athlon with win98se this
limits my RAM to 512 and I still manage to run about 6 plugs (one of which
is absynth), 24 effects and about 10 sample channels. Here are some other
tips to optimise your setup before you go throwing cash at the issue:

i/If samples are heavily processed then bounce them to your hard drive. Then
reinsert them as samples pre processed and hence free up all the relevant
affects channels

ii/Make sure the smart disable is set for effects and hence they are only
used when they are used (if you get my drift)

iii/Use ASIO drivers if your sound card can handle it, if not then get a
card that does :~)

iv/Record all parts using low latency and then move up to a higher latency
once you are arranging, mixing and mastering your track.

I think if you follow Andy's comments below and these you will be surprised
how much the most basic of machines can handle.

Hope that helps
Tim