[fruityloops] Re: Howdy, help with acid

  • From: Vincent Brandon <uncvinnie_b718@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:36:54 -0800 (PST)

I've never heard of anyone using FL in acid as a VSTi or DXi, but what you can
do is export your song as a wav file and add loops or record audio in Acid.
1.  Make your tracks in FL as normal, I assume you already know how to create
track variations such as breakdowns, intros and outros using the track
numbering feature in FL.
2.  Then you can go to FILE, then EXPORT (as a Wav file) click export and
follow the prompts.  Make sure you save the exported Wav's in a folder you can
find (can't tell you how many files I had laying around my system when I first
started with FL).  You can export each track within the same song into the
folder you create and if you solo the separate samples within a track, you can
separate the Kicks from the Snares and so on for further level and fx tweeking
within Acid or Sound Forge.
3.  Open Acid, set to the original tempo as your FL song, OPEN the folder with
your FL exported loops and double click each one into the track view of Acid.
If you've clearly labled each loop you exported from FL, you can easily painted
your song together the way you had it set up in FL.
Hope none of this is too confusing.
Good Luck.