[fruityloops] Re: Fw: Peoplesound

  • From: "Gwydion Elderwyn" <Gwydion@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 22:38:45 +1100

> I noticed the offer they had a while back, where they would give
> you 150 pounds up front, in anticipation of sales.  I assume that
> was the one discussed that caused the problem?

Sounds that way, yes.  And frankly, I'd be amazed if anyone made good on an
offer like that - selling music is a fickle beast to say the least.
Generally advances are only given to people who have a proven sales
background!

To add my own personal comments, I've bought two CDs from peoplesound over
the last year and unless they've changed their game, their packaging is a
little unusual.  If you're interested I'll snap some pics and send them to
you so you can see what I mean, but in brief, it's not a normal CD case but
a thick card which opens (like a greeting card) and has a CD mount on the
inside.  Now personally, given what they charge to produce a CD, especially
in comparison to Ampcast and MP3.com, I think that's pretty rude.