[fruityloops] Re: Fruityloops Forum

  • From: "moonz" <mooneyz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 22:04:55 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: Gwydion <gwydion@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 9:47 PM
Subject: [fruityloops] Re: Fruityloops Forum

> > The United States...the midwestern US
>
> OK, well you use 60hz mains, so I'd really suspect you're getting an
> induction current in that cable.
>
> Obvious questions first;
> * Was it running parallel with a mains cable?

probably...everything is plugged up to a rackmount tripp-Lite surge
supressor...including the computer.

> * Was it running against a wall (which might means it's running parallel
> with internal wiring)
no...the outlet that the surge suppressor is plugged to is nowhere near the
back of the rack
> Then again, you said it caused interference on the TV which suggests that
> it's sending off RF interference which is even more strange.
yes...I'm not hip to why that is, either.
> Did the TV interference happen as soon as the computer (with the card
> installed) was switched on?  What about if the rack part was disconnected
interference starts as soon as the wamirack on/off swich is switched on..and
if you take the wamirack host cable loose fron the computer the interference
stops.
> (ie, only the pci card installed)?  Or did it only cause the interference
> when you were doing something with it (ie, playing or recording)?
using the wami has not effect...the switching it on does is what does it
> If the former, I'd start to wonder if your computer is properly earthed.
> Then again, don't you Americans only use two-prong power points (ie, with
no
> earth)?  I've never been there but I've seen US mains plugs ...
I wired this whole house myself and all recepticles are grounded.