[fruityloops] Fruity artists (was: A wee intro)

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 03 Dec 2002 10:43:24 +0000

On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 10:16, Mark Sargent wrote:

> i know several established artists in the techno/house scene who produce all
> their releases using fruityloops.... (e.g. Akufen from Canada)

Anyone know of anything we can download (legitimately) and listen to by
fruity based artists?

I saw a thread on the kvr forums this morning related to this; about how
serious artists are afraid to admit to using fruityloops for fear of
appearing less professional.  One guy made a good point that if you can
make professional sounding music using tools that are considered "less
professional" then that should earn you more respect than people who
simply use expensive, professional grade tools.

Personally, I feel that fruity is currently on the verge of becoming a
professional grade tool, especially considering the features arriving in
the next version.  For some time it has been perfectly possible to
create pro sounding tracks, but the new features will simply make it
easier; making it more conducive towards a "pro sound".

thanks,

Andy