[fruityloops] Re: Drumsynth Live

  • From: "Gwydion Elderwyn" <Gwydion@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 17:04:34 +1000

> How about getting some drumsynth live presets on kvr-vst.com?

Is it possible to export individual presets (ie, individual sounds), as
opposed to a set?  If so then it would be possible to build a bank of weird
sounds found via the random function.  That would be a pretty cool way to
go.

> LOL!  I blame imageline for making such cool products personally.

This is true :)

BTW, you asked if Reason has a "randomize" function - no, it doesn't.  At
first I must confess that I thought it was no big deal, but as you quite
rightly say, better to have a unique sound than to use preset number 23 or
sample X that everyone has heard already.

In other news, I won the drumpad controller at auction (Roland SPD-6) and it
should arrive Wednesday or so.  I think that's going to make a huge
difference to how "organic" the percussion in my tracks feel - I'm really,
really looking forward to trying it out.  I was able to "jam" using my piano
keyboard, but there were two real problems; it wasn't very natural to hit
the keys that way, and I'm sure that sort of hammering is not good for it.
And as for doing anything quickly (rolls, etc) ...

I really learned a lot from picking apart the "Drifter" FL too - man, Toby
Emerson is a frickin' genius.  It's such an eye-opener to listen to just one
or two instruments on that track at a time using the solo function -
especially things like the percussion, not to mention being able to listen
to how he uses effects.  I mostly learned programming from picking other
peoples code apart (way back when they used to print BASIC listings in the
magazines ;-), so I don't know why I didn't think of doing this earlier.
Must be senility setting in!

Take care,
G.