[fruityloops] Re: Accessing soundcard's soundbanks via MIDI Out channel

  • From: "Rui Barata" <rbarata@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 00:42:48 -0000

I think I've found, at least, part of the solution.

So what have I done?

Added a MIDI Out channel which I want to communicate with my soundcard,
press F9 to open Effects window and then select FruityLSD.
In Fruity LSD window its possible to change each channel patch. When I
selected one patch I noticed that there were many more than the usual 127 GM
MIDI patches.
I think this is part of the solution because I think that I could not obtain
all patches and, also, because at the top of Fruity LSD window, where its
possible to change the soundbank it says Roland GM/GS soundset (instead of
Yamaha XG).
If I could find something called XG.dls.......maybe I could have solved my
problem.

Let me have your oppinion about this method, maybe there´s another one
easier.

Thanks

Rui