FRTM - Open Positions / VP-Public Relations and Sergeant at Arms - PLEASE READ

  • From: "Kathy Barrett" <kathyrbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 16:56:33 -0600

Dear Front Range Toastmasters ?

For those of us who attended Thursday night?s meeting we experienced an
ACCIDENTAL SPEECH that should not have happened in our Club ? Ever!  It was
shockingly inappropriate, out-of-line and completely un-necessary.

One Member was completely robbed of his expectations on his candidacy speech
presented on his behalf?Our other Member was blatantly attacked with words
in a public venue for no good reason . . .No One deserves this type of
treatment in our club.  Although some justice was done by our General
Evaluator it wasn?t enough?As the President of Front Range I took it upon
myself to have a meeting at length with this member and we both agreed that
he will no longer be a Member of our Club.

We have two Officer positions open . . .Please step up and volunteer for one
of these positions for the next term ?

Ø  VP ? Public Relations

Ø  Sergeant at Arms

Front Range Toastmasters is an environment that is positive, friendly and
fun!  We are a Laboratory for Learning ? We join to accomplish our goals as
well as help each other accomplish their goals. Please always be aware and
know WHO your audience is when you have the floor to speak?Thank You.

If you have any questions you can direct them to me?

Thanks and I hope you are all staying cool on this hot weather weekend?  J

Kath

Kathy Barrett ? CC, ACB, CL

President - Front Range Toastmasters

kathyrbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxx

720-338-0279 - Cell

PERSONALLY GROWING - ONE TOASTMASTER'S MEETING AT A TIME . . .

JPEG image