FRTM - FW: FRTM 08/05/10 Meeting Recap

  • From: "Lori High" <lhightop2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <frtm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 22:38:48 -0600

Happy Friday FRTM!

Well, another Thursday Night Games  goes on the books as FUN filled and
educational!  If you were there you know exactly what I'm referring to...

and if you weren't able to join us...   (bummer!)

Sincere THANKS to you ALL!  I truly enjoy being part of a professional
gathering where we ALL have the same desire to grow and support our fellow
Club Members on their journey!

As I noted at the meeting we have some extremely seasoned Toastmasters and
we ALL benefit from their wisdom in ways that individually feed our
Sprouting Wings!  I am especially happy to say thank you to a newcomer
Amelia ... your quick wit and humor are SO FUN and add so much to our
meetings these last few weeks! It is clear to see that your MANY years in
Toastmasters suits you well! Our secret ballot will be tallied next week...
and we may have an exciting announcement for you!!!  Stay tuned!

WELCOME to our newest Member Ankit!   A serious Gent you are... serious
about TM that is!  Thank you for stepping right in and becoming Sgt at Arms!
We will all look forward to getting to know you better and hearing your
IceBreaker next week!   I LOVE your enthusiasm!

So, speaking of Seasoned Toastmasters... Dirk did a fantastic job in his
"Most Favorite" roll EVER!!!  Toastmaster!  Great meeting Dirk...  you are a
Top Shelf Toastmaster! You educate as well as entertain!  (sorry for the
reference, it is Friday after all) Isn't it fun when the two come together
seamlessly and we all walk away better than we came in... I treasure the Tid
Bits that were interjected throughout the meeting!

Top Honors:

.         Best Speaker: Kathy Barrett : Vegas Baby  ... sorry, recap
censored... what happened at TM stays at TM!    (All I CAN say is she had
one Happy Clicker!)  Watch out Vegas...here she comes!

.         Best Evaluator: Luke Vesely: Evaluating Michael Bray's training
session on Photography: Aren't we all glad Luke was in a "Feedback kind of
Mode"  ... Michael goes on to the 2nd round no doubt with a Sharper Image!
YEA!!

.         Best Table Topics: Crystal Baker ...with her rendition of "I
missed you, but my aim IS improving"  sounds like it will be a L-O-O-N-N-G
Bronco season Dear, better replace that wide screen soon! Practice games are
underway you know...

Thank you AGAIN Amelia for a fun Table Topics session!  LOL... you had us
all going! You are one Fun Nashville Cat!

Danielle GREAT Job as GE. and for the visually appealing decadent desert. We
just LOVE being guinea pigs.  YUM!  Thank you for sharing!

Til then... I leave you with this thought: If You Can't Feel It (It Ain't
There)

   (Hey Ray, Watch it.  I DID see that!)

;0) Have a great weekend everyone!

Ya'all come back next week now, ya hear!

Lori High

President, Front Range Toastmasters

Direct: 303-913-5146

Lhightop2@xxxxxxxxxxx